The Historic Everett Theatre
Non-Ticketed Rental Agreement
2911 Colby Avenue
Everett, WA 98201
Facility Rental Agreement for the Historic Everett Theatre
Renter's Name ___ Phone ___
City State Zip
This agreement is between the Everett Theatre Society (Historic Everett Theatre) (hereinafter called HET), a Washington non-profit corporation, and _____(hereinafter called Renter) in regards to the rental of The Historic Everett Theater located at 2911 Colby Ave., Everett, WA 98201. HET and Renter recognize this Agreement as a binding contract under the civil codes of Snohomish County, Washington.
GENERAL INFORMATION/ BASIC RATES
The facility is available for rent on a daily basis between the hours of ______ and 11:59 p.m. The time of use specified on this Agreement is the only time the Renter is authorized to be in the facility. All hours must run consecutively from arrival to exit, within the hours rented.
- Renter agrees to pay a base rental rate of $ ___for the use of the building. A non-refundable deposit equal to 50% of the base rental rate is required to secure the dates. Deposit is due at time contract is signed unless otherwise noted.
- The remainder of the rental fee is due on the date of the performance/presentation/event. The event may not proceed until payment is received in full.
- Renter agrees to additionally pay HET fees for cleaning plus reimburse HET for any staffing.
- Technical requirement for lighting, sound and staging are required two weeks prior to the rental date. In the event that renter wishes to use HET lighting and sound technicians and additional fee will be charged for each tech. Fee to be $12 to $25 dollars an hour depending on extend of usage.
- HET reserves exclusive right to distrubute promotional material within the theatre; relevent to HET or its Renter’s and to operate house concession areas, to sell foods, beverages, HET merchandise and HET memberships to Renter patrons, and to retain all revenues from sales of such products and services.
- Renter is allowed to set up display and/or sales tables for its own merchandise or marketing. Renter is responsible for any and all taxes imposed on those sales.
- Renter is responsible for set‑up of their own equipment/sets; and removal of all items in stage and greenroom areas immediately after performance.
- HET reserves 20 complimentary tickets to each show to be used for HET promotions, donors, supporters and/or staff.
- In the event that the production has a percentage split between artist and venue then settlement will be after ticket vendor has deposited money into venue account. Usually 4 to 5 days.
- In the event a social groups are used to sell tickets (Groupon, Living Social etc..) Then monies will be disbursed upon those agencies depositing money into venue account.
LICENSES AND PERMITS
- Renter will provide at its cost any special permits or licenses required for its event or performance, and will present proof of same to HET.
- Renter is required to provide proof of liability insurance to cover Renter’s personnel, equipment, audience and damage to building caused by Renter or its agents. Insurance certificate must name the Everett Theatre Society dba the Everett Theatre Group, its directors and staff as Additional Insureds with respect to all activities by Renter held on the premises of the Everett Theatre.
- PROOF OF INSURANCE MUST BE RECEIVED BY HET NO LATER THAN FIVE (5) DAYS BEFORE THE RENTAL DATE. Policy must also provide for 10-day notice to HET prior to cancellation of policy.
STORAGE/REMOVAL OF PROPERTIES
- Properties, materials and equipment of Renter must be removed from facility immediately following performance. Any properties, materials or equipment left in the building without the specific consent of HET Building Manager becomes the property of HET and may be disposed of at the discretion of HET.
- HET is not responsible for any loss or damage to Renters equipment, materials or properties.
CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT OF EVENT
- Renter may cancel or postpone its event with the following stipulations:
- If canceled at least three months in advance, the Renter's total deposit will be refunded with the exception of $250.00 administration fee.
- If canceled less than three months in advance Renter forfeits its deposit in full.
- Renter may postpone its event with a minimum two weeks notice, pending an available date, although deposit will continue to be held by HET.
- Exceptions due to extenuating circumstances may apply.
- HET reserves the right to cancel the scheduled event under the following circumstances:
- This agreement is found to contain false or misleading information.
- The Renter or its agents willfully or through negligence mistreats the facility, staff or equipment.
- This Agreement, together with the Statement of Rental Fees & Policies and any attachments incorporated herein, constitute the entire agreement between the parties and cannot be modified except by written agreement by both parties.
- The Historic Everett Theatre is a no‑smoking facility. Those not complying with this restriction may be ejected from the facility.
- It is understood that the Renter is an independent contractor. Any and all forms of insurance and/or payroll liabilities for Renter's personnel (including those provided by HET at Renter's request) are the responsibility of the Renter.
- Renter will be allowed to use available space on stage, there will be times when HET will have set and other materials on the left and right wings and back wall of the stage area. Renter will not move or touch these items for any reason without permission from HET representative.
- RENTER HAS INSPECTED FACILITY AND AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT.
For HET: For Renter: ___
Curt Shriner, Manager
- << Prev